Today I'm live blogging from the Martha Stewart Show. In New York the show airs on NBC at 11:00 A.M. The show today is all about blogging. Special blogger guests include Perez Hilton, Matt Armendariz from MattBites, Deb Perelman from Smitten Kitchen, Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin from Politico, and Margaret Roach from A Way to Garden. Watch LIVE.
Staff of the show prep the set while Martha's Circle blogger guests take their seats in the audience
Things that happened today on the show:
- Martha introduced blogs: The Bride's Guide, Smitten Kitchen, Cute Overload, and A Year of Mornings
- Perez Hilton gave his 3 blogging tips
- Matt Armendariz from MattBites shared his excellent recipe for alfajores or dulce de leche cookies
- Eddie Ross, a current Top Design contestant, spoke about great ways to repurpose flea market finds like old jewelry and postcards
- Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin of Politico talked about following presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama on their campaign trails
- Margaret Roach from A Way to Garden talked about how she provides her ever-growing readership with horticulture how-tos along with wit and humor
- By the end of the show the audience left with free Cute Overload calendars, A Year of Mornings books, and HP Photosmart printers. Woo woo as Margaret likes to say.
I had so much fun today. Thank you to the staff of the show for inviting me to be a part of the audience. For some more information about today's show and for some more great tips on how to start a blog, visit The Martha Blog. Also Margaret Roach will be cosponsoring WordCamp, a one-day workshop coming up in October where bloggers and software developers will lecture about blogging using WordPress.
Martha gets ready for a taping of an upcoming segment for a show featuring the best hot dogs